State Record Book Competition
All members planning to submit their book to State Competition must complete the Intent to Submit Form by October 15, 2022, 11:59 pm. Date extended due to website outage.
Once your book is ready to submit, please complete the State Record Book Competition Cover Sheet form by October 31, 2022, 11:59 pm. You will provide the url link(s) to your Record Book on this form, at which point we will submit it to State Competition.
The State Record Book competition is focused on recognition for senior 4-H members who have demonstrated a well-rounded 4-H experience. Books are evaluated against standard criteria. Those books recording the most outstanding 4-H work, goal management skills, and leadership and civic development are selected as state medalists and/or state winners.
The Purpose of the State 4-H Record Book Competition:
- Provides an incentive to members to keep accurate records in their 4-H Record Book.
- Members receive feedback and encouragement on their 4-H skill development, leadership and citizenship development, and record-keeping skills.
- Members are recognized for outstanding 4-H work.
Eligibility for State Competition
If the criteria for eligibility are not met, a member's book will be disqualified from the competition.
- Age Eligibility: Senior 4-H members (at least 14 years of age and no older than 19 years old by December 31 of the program year for which the book is being entered) are eligible to enter state competition.
- Use of Correct Forms: Members who are planning to submit their Record Book to state competition must download and use the most current forms, found on this website. One way to be sure to do this is to always download the latest version of the Record Book Manual and forms from the state website.
- Intent to Submit: Members who are planning to submit their Record Book to state competition must complete this form by October 15, 2022, 11:59 pm to receive full points for this item. Intent to Submit forms received after this date result in the loss of three points on Record Book scoring. Due date extended due to website outage.
- State 4-H Cover Page - To enter State Record Book Competition, members must complete the online state competition cover page form. This form asks basic contact information and verifications. It asks you to provide the url link(s) to your Record Book. Only submit this form when your book is competition-ready! This is the final step to submit your Record Book to State Competition. Due October 31, 2022, 11:59 pm. Books submitted after this date will not be evaluated.
- By October 15, 2022: Member completes Intent to Submit Form.
- By October 31, 2022: Member completes online Cover Page. The Cover Page will ask the member to provide a link to the record book.
- By October 31, 2022: Evaluator’s application deadline
- By November 19, 2022: UCCE personnel completes online County Check Sheet for each member.
- November - December 2022: State 4-H Record Book Competition
- Late January: Results released; members notified
Additional State Record Book information can be found here.